Although rest and relaxation are the goals for most holidays, they usually involve a lot of walking and a lot of walking usually involves sore feet.
If your feet aren’t in the best shape or you don’t have the right shoes, too much walking can cause foot problems.
Some simple foot care tips include:
- Wear thick, absorbent socks (acrylic instead of cotton).
- Wear jandals/flip flops when showering to avoid the possibility of getting Tinea and dry feet thoroughly after bathing, making sure to dry between toes. The use of an antifungal powder before putting on shoes can help.
- Nails should be cut regularly, straight across the toe.
- Take a pair of good supportive sandals to wear to allow your feet to get some fresh air
- The right shoe is also important to healthy walking. The ideal walking shoe should be stable from side to side, and well-cushioned, and it should enable you to walk smoothly. Running shoes are ideal.
Walking shoes tend to be slightly less cushioned, yet not as bulky, and lighter than running shoes. Whether a walking or running shoe, the shoes need to feel stable and comfortable.
Warming up exercises to help alleviate any muscle stiffness or pulled muscles are also advised before walking. Loosening up the heel cords (Achilles and calf) and thigh muscles before a walk is especially effective.
To prepare yourself for your travels if you’re not accustomed to long walks, start slowly and rest if your feet start hurting.
For any foot care problems and needs- visit The Podiatrist.
Wishing you all a Happy Easter.
Take care on the roads.
REVERE SHOES provide all day comfort and support by enhancing foot health for those experiencing tired, aching feet, heel pain, sore
knees and lower back pain.
REVERE SHOES have been designed in collaboration with leading footwear experts to provide maximum adjustability to support difficult to fit feet. revere shoes have been designed with a removable foot bed for those required to wear custom-made orthotic devices.
The extra depth unit allows for a wide variety of custom orthotics to
be inserted without taking away from the styling or look of our shoes.
Come and see the great range available now.
Shop 18-319 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland. (Now moved to 347 Remuera Road as at 1 July 2015)
Tel- 09 5506324